SV Forum - Sex in Vienna Forums
Please vote: How do you like the new design? - Printable Version

+- SV Forum - Sex in Vienna Forums (http://forum.sex-vienna.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://forum.sex-vienna.comForum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (https://forum.sex-vienna.comForum-General-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Please vote: How do you like the new design? (/Thread-Please-vote-How-do-you-like-the-new-design)

Pages: 1 2

Please vote: How do you like the new design? - SFAdmin - 12-16-2019

We are continously working on this forum (too), last time we utilised a brand new design. It is responsive so appears well on mobile devices as well. We value your feedback to provide better user experience and services. Please vote, how do you like the new design? Do you need any feature what is not available in the forum? Any feedback is appreciated.

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - firestorm2012 - 12-16-2019

Please vote and also tell us which features you want to have that made you happy in the old forum engine. And what you might like in the new one.

As far as DESIGN is concerned, we will be re-designing the whole site including the forum in 2020, so something to look forward to and we have our new year's resolution

Smile

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - pepsi - 12-16-2019

A good mobile layout is the key. I hated when had to write to this forum from my mobile, it was almost a mission impossible. From now, I'll be here more often!!

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - firestorm2012 - 12-16-2019

(12-16-2019, 01:31 PM)pepsi Wrote: A good mobile layout is the key. I hated when had to write to this forum from my mobile, it was almost a mission impossible. From now, I'll be here more often!!

Interesting!

Personally I never post from mobile but of course I browse through various forums on my mobile when I am not at home or office. It didn't really occur to me that much that mobile is also such a big factor for a forum. Good input indeed, though. Thank you!

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - Rodolpho - 12-17-2019

I really like the new design. In fact, the last two forum redesigns were a good choice. I haven't really posted from phone yet, but I will try it out. I can't think of any other feature I would want, but I will post here if I think of anything. The forum just keeps getting better, great job, glad to be a part of it.

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - Ragnaros - 12-17-2019

It looks better overall but i am missing a critical feature. The previous version of the forum had the names of all the sub forums bolded if there were unread posts in them, now if i want to see all the new posts i have to either enter every single forum to see if any thread titles are bolded, or use the search for new posts function which is sadly not available on the mobile version of the site, or at least i can not see it. Am i blind or is the view new posts button only present on the desktop version of the site?

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - SFAdmin - 12-18-2019

(12-17-2019, 06:32 PM)Ragnaros Wrote: It looks better overall but i am missing a critical feature. The previous version of the forum had the names of all the sub forums bolded if there were unread posts in them, now if i want to see all the new posts i have to either enter every single forum to see if any thread titles are bolded, or use the search for new posts function which is sadly not available on the mobile version of the site, or at least i can not see it. Am i blind or is the view new posts button only present on the desktop version of the site?

Thank you for your review. I am looking for solution for the above mentioned problems. It was very hard to find responsive theme for the forum, it seems noone is interested in developing forum engines anymore Smile Anyways, as soon I have any solution, will update this thread.

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - firestorm2012 - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 09:22 AM)SFAdmin Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 06:32 PM)Ragnaros Wrote: It looks better overall but i am missing a critical feature. The previous version of the forum had the names of all the sub forums bolded if there were unread posts in them, now if i want to see all the new posts i have to either enter every single forum to see if any thread titles are bolded, or use the search for new posts function which is sadly not available on the mobile version of the site, or at least i can not see it. Am i blind or is the view new posts button only present on the desktop version of the site?

Thank you for your review. I am looking for solution for the above mentioned problems. It was very hard to find responsive theme for the forum, it seems noone is interested in developing forum engines anymore Smile Anyways, as soon I have any solution, will update this thread.

Good job overall!

Beginning of new Year we will invest some time into the website and the forum as a whole and come up with improvements hopefully that everybody will like.
I miss some features as well, which I got used to.
Dear Admin: please make sure to keep the reputation features also in the newest design to come
Smile

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - Ragnaros - 12-18-2019

I am very glad to see the increase in activity and growth of this forum recently. I applaud the desire to improve the forum, it all looks much better but i had to vote for the old design because there doesn't seem to be any way to view unread posts in this new interface, other than visiting every sub-forum manually as i mentioned.

RE: Please vote: How do you like the new design? - Final Critic - 12-19-2019

(12-16-2019, 01:31 PM)pepsi Wrote: A good mobile layout is the key. I hated when had to write to this forum from my mobile, it was almost a mission impossible. From now, I'll be here more often!!

I agree. There were times on previous versions of the forum when it was hard to use it on mobile. But I really like the way the forum is evolving. I think the mobile layout can still be better and nice to see the admins are agreeing. The desktop version is great to use, the mobile might need a few additional features like the New posts and Today's posts buttons, but it's great so far. Interested to see how the forum continues to evolve in 2020.